Thursday, June 19, 2008

Birdie Blue - Tee'd Off

I've been looking around for some cute tee's for my little guys to wear for our local 4th of July festivities. There are a lot of cute shirts out there, however, everyone else's kids will be wearing those shirts. I'd like to see my kids in something a bit different. So, I came up with this crazy idea to create my own t-shirts. I've only had time to come up with three designs, but I plan on working on this project until I get it just right. I'm a little obsessive, no?







To create the iron on's, I simply opened my photo program, and began playing with all the creative tools. When I came up with a design I liked, I printed the design on iron-on photo transfer paper (if you have words in your design, be sure to switch your printer setting to "mirror image"), then followed the application directions included with the transfer paper.

How cool would it be let your wunderkinden draw on the iron-on paper, then transfer the original drawings to a t-shirt?! Also, there are some pretty cool vintage etchings out there (royalty free) that would make for some great tee's. Just add a cute little quip (if you want), and you've got yourself one original nifty & thrifty shirt.
My mind is reeling with all the creative possibilities!

Go ahead, make your own festive 4th tee (or any other tee for that matter) and let me know how it turned out. I might just post your design here for all the weblog world to see!

No comments: