Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Guest Blogger - The Vinyl Vixen



Thanks to my dear friend, Mama Bird, for inviting me to guest blog with her this week. Since it is nearly Thursday, there is no time like the present!


To kick things off, I thought we'd start with a little shameless plug: In some circles I am known as The Vinyl Vixen (a name that is unsettling to my mother and curious to my husband) for one of my creative outlets, custom vinyl design for home decor. If you are unfamiliar with the vinyl decal idea, click here to find my homepage and look around a bit.



If you'd like to see some other projects I have been working on recently, click here to go to my Etsy website. This is really a fun place to hang out...





So, since we are talking about Etsy, how about an introduction to one of my favorite websites ev.er.

It's a great little global marketplace for all things handmade. And not just crocheted Barbie clothes from the 80's. No, we are talking about some of the loveliest, most creative items for feathering your nest. All created and sold by people just like you. Seriously, set a timer once you start looking at all the great stuff on Etsy, or you might find you have spent hours on the site without even knowing it.

Some cool stuff to know about Etsy:


~Everything is handmade. So, you can feel great knowing you are supporting artisans and cottage industry.


~Prices are amazingly affordable and (in my experience shopping there) quality and attention to detail is premium. Items come wrapped in lovely packages, and it's almost like getting a gift in the mail when it arrives.


~Speaking of gifts, what a super way to gift your friends and family! Especially those who live far away. I've ordered gifts from Etsy sellers, and had them shipped directly to my family out of state. Saves on shipping and on time.


~It's an awesome resource for idea sharing with other people.


~If you have something you'd like to share, it's super easy (and free!) to set up a shop. I'd be happy to help, if you run into a snag.








Here are a couple of my current favorite ideas found on Etsy:








Teapot Moss Terrarium















Twelve Women with Birds Print








Gocco Printed Moleskein Cahier Journal









Bee Charmer Necklace



I could go on and on. Maybe I will, some other time.



Anyway, I hope you'll take a minute (or hour) to check out the fun on Etsy. I'd love to hear about your adventures finding wonderful things made by other creative people.



Perfect for finding handmade goods for home or nest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You selected wonderful items for your home!!